Sleeping fine at home, but disaster during and after visits

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
Kati11

Sleeping fine at home, but disaster during and after visits

Inlägg av Kati11 »

Hi!

My one-year old son sleeps fine at home. The jingle works and I almost never need to go in and buff. Usually he sleeps 11 hours without any intervention from my part.

But when we sleep over at grandparents, he takes at least 30 minutes to fall asleep and wakes up crying during the night and also wakes up too early in the morning. I do everything exactly as at home. I also intervene as little as possible (don't pick him up inthe morning before due time etc) but it means so much screaming and crying that I feel horrible and the whole visit is spoiled for me and everyone else.

The boy LOVES the house at grandparents and knows it well. Needless to say that this same thing happens everywhere outside the home and therefore we cannot visit anybody anymore overnight.

Please help! Thanks.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: Sleeping fine at home, but disaster during and after vis

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Nr. 1 to bring with you. The attitude of full confidence.

And another thing that I like to use is, travel-bed that you can practice to sleep in at home. Screen off with a black double bed sheet using sting and clamps. The scenery should be the same at home as on travel.

After the travel-bed arrangements work at home it will work away as well. Make sure to do everything away as you do them at home. Laughing 10 min before going to bed, leave with a LOUD jingle and then loud house noises.

I have travelled with my son and as long as he had his bed and “snutte” rag and pitch black room and the sheet over the bed he was fine.

So practice travelbed at home so he is comfortable with it. Then I believe it will get better. And the PITCH dark room. If needed you use garbage bags over the windows.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Kati11

Inlägg av Kati11 »

Thanks for these tips! Overnighting at grandmother's place has gone very well - even 12 hours without mommy to put into bed. We have not yet had the opportunity to try other places.

I cannot cover the bed, because the little guy stands up and throws half of stuff out anyway. He can even manage to take out the sheet if he wants... This is his game before he goes to sleep sometimes. I never put the stuff back because there is no service during night time :)
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

=D> :thumbsup: :heart:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"