Cure without own room?

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
Kaisuli

Cure without own room?

Inlägg av Kaisuli »

Just a quick question before I buy this book :)

Is it possible to use this cure even if our son (13 months) doesn't have his own room?

He is now sleeping in a co-sleeper next to me, but he will get his own bed before we'd start the cure. I don't want to put him in his sister's room yet, only after he has learned to sleep better.
We could temporarily use the guest room, but that's no permanent solution as my parents will visit us one month after we are planning to start with the cure.

So, can I use this cure even if he stays in our room (in his own bed) or is it possible to put him in a different room and then after a month to place him in his sister's room (or back to our bedroom for two weeks).

Or should I wait until my parents have been there and start with the cure only then, when the guestroom is free for two months?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Kaisa
TinasDag
Kontakt:

Inlägg av TinasDag »

Hi Kaisuli!
Welcome to this haven of good advice and sound sleep :D
I'm happy you're buying the book and studying beforehand, that will make the process so much easier :thumbsup:

To answer your question: Yes, it is possible to "cure" in the same room as long as the child's sleeping area is well sectioned off and made as dark as possible w/ the aid of sheets/curtains. Anna explains how to go about doing this in the book. However, since you do have a spare bedrom I'd use that for the first few weeks. When everyone is "on board" and sleeping soundly it's a great idea to have the kids in the same room. I really recomend that you buy "For the love of children" as well :thumbsup: It's an awesome companion in everyday life 8) Right now it's guiding me through "the terrible twos"... :roll:
Good luck,
Tina
:heart: Vetgiriga semlan Dag :heart:
född 071105, kurad i Gastsjön aug. 2008
:heart: Ingrid som kan själv! 090826 :heart:
http://dahlin.bloggproffs.se
Kaisuli

Inlägg av Kaisuli »

Thanks for your reply!
I am still waiting for the book to arrive, so haven't taken any steps yet. I hope the book arrives this week, so we can start the process in the weekend. This way we'd have a whole month before my parents will need the bedroom.
I'm very curious!

-Kaisa
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"