Problems with nap time!

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
åkersangel

Problems with nap time!

Inlägg av åkersangel »

Only 10 nights ago our 5,5 month old son was waking up every hour or every second hour ALLnight EVERYnight. When on the second night of SHN I woke up at 04.00 and he had been fast asleep since 19.00, I was convinced he was dead :oops: But of course he was just enjoying the first 12 hour night sleep since his birth in march :D Since then he has very occassionally woken up during the early morning only to fall asleep again after a verse or two. AMAZING !!! I am so grateful that I picked up your book, and so proud of our work! Your advice is allowing me to become human again! He is still quite tired and grumpy, but definately slowely adjusting to the schedule.

With the nights working so well and so quickly I have had the motivation and energy to follow our new routines and times to the letter. The problem we still have is nap times. My son has started being tired just around nap time, but fights it everytime :( . Whether in his crib or pram he takes at least 15-20 minutes of protest, sometimes missing the nap all together. At bedtime however he hardly ever cries and mostly chats himself to sleep if making any noise at all. What am I doing wrong? Or am i just impatient? He also very rarely sleeps for more than 45minutes during the day, eventhough he needs 1,5 hours at lunch time. I try to get him to go back to sleep, but he just screams and screams! :?:

I would really appreciate some advice here. And of course the answers may be in Swedish! I have no problem reading it, just takes me forever to write.

Thanks again!!!
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Re: Problems with nap time!

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D Most welcome you are :wink: :lol:
åkersangel skrev: Your advice is allowing me to become human again!
That's how it should be. Indeed you should be proud of your work. I am too :!: What a blessing - your little darling is getting his wonderful sleep. And so are you. Great job there :-({|=
åkersangel skrev: What am I doing wrong? Or am i just impatient?
Yes - a bit impatient you are. Nothing wrong there! Just keep up the good work. Give him the simple prerequisites to nap. They are all in the book. Don't overwork things - he needs to be left in peace, mind you :wink:
åkersangel skrev: He also very rarely sleeps for more than 45minutes during the day, eventhough he needs 1,5 hours at lunch time. I try to get him to go back to sleep, but he just screams and screams! :?:
Screaming we don't want. The tool box is there for you. Take it easy though, find out what kind of calming that works and persist, although not for too long - always quit a little earlier than you really feel like doing. Leave him be as soon as you have "told" him what goes.

The rule is: Learn to listen before you hasten :idea:

Here is how you can override the 45-minute "border" (see below. Scroll down). Unborn babies are known to sleep in 45-minutes intervals in the womb. But now we're outside the womb, aren't we :wink: :lol:

http://www.annawahlgren.com/index.php/v ... er-vagning

O:) :heart: :sleep:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"