changing of schedule?

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
KatrineMA

changing of schedule?

Inlägg av KatrineMA »

It is now one and a half month since I started on the GNS (when my girl was 7 month old), and it is working brilliantly. She used to be the only baby from the groups of mothers and babies I see, that was not able to sleep. Today I met them all again after a long summer, and suddenly my girl is the only one able to sleep on her own. I felt so proud of the work she and I have done together.

The thing is this: when she turns 9 month, she only needs to sleep 14 hours (now she is sleeping 14 hours and 45 minutes) so I want to remove her last nap which lasts for 45 minutes, and this way she will only take 2 naps a day. But this will leave a big gap until she's going to bed to sleep for the night. Therefore I would like to postpone her daytime naps by 1 hour, but how do I do this? Do I change the schedule from one day to the other, or do I change it little by little until reaching the time I want?
At the time her sleeping schedule is:
09 - 10.30
13.30 - 15
17.30 - 18.15
20 - 07
And I was thinking of changing it to something like this:
10 - 11.30
14.30 - 16
20 - 07
Does that sound reasonable?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

:lol: Hi and welcome to our forum! :lol:

Congratulations to the good sleep you guys have, enjoy it! :heart:

When my son turned 9 months i just skipped the last nap and postponed the long day nap with only 30 min. Så if you think these hours will suite you that is great.

I know that when they turn this age they need more wake time before the night. I had 5 hours wake time before the night after the day nap. So don't be afraid of having a few hours.

When you change you do ALL the changes at once and give it about 3 days for it to be introduced and if necessary up to one week for it to settle.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Re: changing of schedule?

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

KatrineMA skrev:She used to be the only baby from the groups of mothers and babies I see, that was not able to sleep. Today I met them all again after a long summer, and suddenly my girl is the only one able to sleep on her own. I felt so proud of the work she and I have done together.
:D That's my girl(s) =D> :-({|= =D>

O:) :heart: :sleep:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"