Cure just started and child got sick

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
Finnmom

Cure just started and child got sick

Inlägg av Finnmom »

Hi,
I started the cure with my 7,5 m old son 5 days ago. Before the cure he woke up avrg.4 times during the night, but the worst was that normally he would be totally awake between 04.00-06.00. As I have two other children too, it was getting quite annoying for whole family.

SO, last Thursday I started the cure. ( This is my first time, as my other two children have been naturally very good sleepers). My son has had very good day routine ever since he was 4 moths, so I did not need to make much of a change to that. He is also always been a big eater, so no problem there either.

First night I gave up milk bottle and pacifier. He protested 3 times during the night but with buffing and fanning and jingeling he calmed down very easily ( avrg. 10-15 min). In the morning he woke up 5:45 thinking it is a time to wake and after 50 min I got him convinced that it is still time to sleep. He slept until 08.00, like I planned to.
On night 2 I used buffing only once ( when I put him to sleep), and he slept until 06:30 without waking up. Then I used just the jingle and felt he was listening to me. It was working like magic. He slept again until 07:45 like planned.
On night 3 he developped a bad flue. He woke up 8 times during the night!!! 2 times in panic and crying a lot. I heard his nose was very stuck and he had difficulties breathing. I used buffing 2 times, but otherwise I used the jingle through the door.
On night 4 he woke up 2 times before midnight BUT I did not do anything. I was listening to him, and as he calmed down in 30 sec and started to sleep I did not even confim the jingle. He slept from 22:00 to 07:45 without waking up.
Last night ( night 5) he went to sleep OK. I used the jingle only once. However he woke up after midnight with such a panic cry he threw up to his bed and again his nose was so stuck he had difficulties breathing. I had to pick him up, rock him to sleep and so he kept on waking up 3-4 times before 04:00. After that he slept without waking until 08:15.

So, very good nights and not that good nights :( .
My questions:
-how should I continue from this? Wait until his flue is over and then start again?
-when he calms himself down, like on the night 4, should I still use the confirmation jingle, or just let him be like I did?
-before the cure we shared bedroom with the baby and me and my husband. During the cure, we adults have slept in livingroom. When is a right time to move back in?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
Finnmom

Re: Cure just started and child got sick

Inlägg av Finnmom »

Oops, sorry :oops: . I revisited the book and found an answer to one of my questions: Shouldn't repeat the confirmation jingle after the first 2 nights. I have the book in swedish ( got it from a friend who cured her twins with Anna's method) and as it is not my first language, I missed some points.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi Finnmom, how are you doing now? Do you still need any answers that I can help you with?
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Finnmom

Inlägg av Finnmom »

Hi,
First of all big thanks to Anna for writing this book =D> . I have learned how much right attitude really helps! My baby son has been sleeping 9-11 h without waking up for 6 nights now, and I'm feeling like a different person! :D

However, I would really appreciate some support/thoughts on the following:

-Before we started the cure, he never had any problems on falling to sleep. I just left him to bed/stroller and he fell asleep by himself. Now he cries a lot every night when I leave him to his bed, as well as during the naptime. Maybe it just takes some time (more weeks) before he stops protesting? Maybe it has to do with his age ( soon 8 m) rather than with the cure? What do you think?

-We ( me and my husband) are still sleeping on sofa :roll: since the start of the cure. When do you think we can move back in with the baby? We have no possibility to give him his own room/space, as another bedroom is occupied with our 2 older children.

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Child nr.3, boy 7,5 months, cure started 14.4.2011
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi, I would say that you have a bit of 8-month anxiety with you. You can read more about it in “ for the love of children” . It will pass, but takes some time. Make sure to have the laughing before bed and naptime for at least 10 min and have a great laugh together.

Where will he sleep when he gets older? In you room? Perhaps you can have a rail in the roof and hang down some dark fabric and by this create his own space. Because he will need his own space or sleep with siblings. Some buy screens (that you in the old days used to changed clothes behind) to shield of his own space.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"