Nap in a car

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
m&a

Nap in a car

Inlägg av m&a »

Hi,

At first I would like to thank you. We started the cure one week ago and our 6,5 months old son is sleeping the nights better than ever!
My question however is related to day-time naps, specially in a car. If we want to go somewhere during the naps, how we should handle the situation so that he knows to start to sleep? And should I sit next to him when my husbend is driving or should we leave him back by himself? Sometimes we are going somewhere by a car when it is not a nap time and then it is easier because I can sit next to him and play with him.

Our routine:
7.30 wake-up
7.45 porridge + milk
9.45-10.30 nap
11.15 lunch (vegetables) + milk
12.45-14.15 nap
14.45 snack (berries or fruits) + milk
16.30-17.15 nap
18.00 dinner (vegetables + meat) + milk
19.30 porridge + milk
20.00 sleep

Thank you for your help!

Br,
M&A
Mamma S

Re: Nap in a car

Inlägg av Mamma S »

I dont know if this will help, we don't have a specific "car nap time routine" or anything like that, but because all the kids have had their rather strict routines they know exactly when it is time to sleep. So we have used the longer nap periods for driving, especially when they were really young and didn't like being in the car at all. So we would just get ready to go when it was time for a nap, lets say at noon, put them in the car with whatever they are used to having when sleeping, teddy bear, blanket or whatever. And they would fall asleep almost instantly when the car started. If the trip is shorter than the naptime, the kid would be left in the car with an open door when we reahed (IF THIS IS POSSIBLE or OK) if the trip would be longer than the naptime we would take a short break when he woke up to strech our legs/snack or whatever....

hope it helps.
3 fina...2005, 2007, 2010
m&a

Inlägg av m&a »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have done exactly as you said and before the cure it worked. But now he seems to be a little bit confused and starts to cry even we have not done anything differently...
Any ideas what we could try?

Thank!

Br,
M&A
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi, Whan I had my son in the car for a nap, I would hang a blanket over the carseat so that he had it the same as in the stroller. Then do the jingle in the car. This would most often work.

I would however have to leave home about 15 min before he needed to sleep. This was the time he needed to wind down so he could sleep. Then we had to drive the entire nap.

That's what we did. :wink:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
m&a

Inlägg av m&a »

Hi,

I just let you know that the naps in a car work well nowadays. Maybe the cure confused him a little bit but now our boy sleeps well all the naps and the nights without any crying etc. also in a car.

M&A
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

:thumbsup: :sleep: :thumbsup:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"