Questions for a soon 16month old beginner

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
maguelonne

Inlägg av maguelonne »

Hello,

So it's been a while and thinks are progressing!

Night 5: he woke up 3 times but we jingled just once, he fall back asleep alone! and was fully awake by 6h05. There, he alternated with angry and quiet moments.

Naps 5: very good in the mornings, not in the afternoon, but we did wrong (we change our role at the last mn, we didn't laugh...). He cried out so we didn't know what to do, buffing, fanning wasn't working. In the stroller alone, he could fall and hurt himself as he was moving a lot. But I didn't want to pick him up neither or he would fall asleep on my breasts...nooooooooooooo
So I went out. Every body looked at him with strange eyes, to see a big baby on his stomach in the stroller. He calmed down and fall asleep. Yew!
I know now that we should always be prepared to an other solution if pb arise.

Night 6: woke up 4 times, 1 jingle, fall back asleep alone, wake up at 5h30 angry and some quiet moments.

Naps with nanny... she didn't follow the schedule...

Night 7: woke up 2 times, back asleep by himself, wake up 30mn before the good morning, angry. We introduce the clock thing, It certainly have helped!!

Naps with nanny: better at the schedule

Night 8: when put to bed, played in silence before falling asleep by himself, wake up at 5mn before good morning!!! His eyes were inflate by so much sleep!

I'm doing the nap today, hope it will help.

Thank you so much for all your great help and presence!!
Maggie
Maggie and Pierre
Parents of Ambroise, born June, 14th 2011 and Theophile, born January, 28th 2009
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi, :lol:

What wonderful news! This is just the best work!!!! Thanks for reporting this and keep up the wonderful work. Enjoy the evenings alone, and you now well rested child.

Let me know about the rest!

Lots of Love :heart:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
maguelonne

Inlägg av maguelonne »

Well the naps are not so good since last monday... of course it didn't help that I came back to work, as you said, but we experienced our first bad nap before that.

This morning I went outside and this afternoon he was badly angry for 40mn. I finally gave him some water, that distracted him, he got more relaxed and he fall asleep in 5mn.

What am I suppose to do as he sleeps in the stroller? I can't let him alone because he moves, squirm a lot to get out of his belts and he manage to!
- Should I go outside but he'll get used to that? I loose the schedule while I'm preparing to go out, take 10mn to fall asleep, etc...
- Should I keep fanning and rocking the stroller? He doesn't like much the buffing. But none of that settle him down when he is angry.

But I still have a bit of nap for myself, so it is still a progress!
Maggie and Pierre
Parents of Ambroise, born June, 14th 2011 and Theophile, born January, 28th 2009
Luvisen

Inlägg av Luvisen »

How are things going there? Did you manage to get order concerning the naps?

Kind regards/Luvisen
Bebispojken född 22 april 2009
Maratonkurning 26 dec 2009 - 12 feb 2010
Petite Soeur född 8 mars 2012
SM rookie
maguelonne

Inlägg av maguelonne »

Hey good evening,

Thanks for checking on us!

Things are still so great at night: fun, 2mn to put him down, he plays and fall asleep by himself. Whine sometimes at night but we don't even have to jingle. Then, the alarm clock wake him up! And for us, we really feel terrible right now, i think it is the famous good and long sleep after the miserable one that make this! So its great!

Naps are better but not perfect. We are trying not to be impatient, but we hope that we are not falling into a trap.
- The good points are that we don't have to go out anymore. He always do his nap within 10 to 20mn to fall asleep. He's body is in the schedule now.

- The bad points are that he needs us to rock the stroller to fall asleep (at the beginning and in the middle of the nap, if he wakes up). It is difficult for the nanny to keep the schedule and to do the whole thing.

At home, should I stop the rocking and jingle only from the door? Is it a problem if the nanny doesn't follow the process, as long as she follow the schedule (I still insist on this)?

Thanks and goooooooooooooood night!!
Maggie
Maggie and Pierre
Mrs Green

Inlägg av Mrs Green »

Hi there maguelonne!

I just read your story, and what a great job you have done so far! :D
My first thought concerning the nap time, does it have to be in the stroller?
When I started to put my son in his crib for both nap time and night sleep it all became much easier. And for the days with the nanny, maybe you can have a travel crib? Just a thought..

Keep up the good work
:heart:
älskling född -081017
Luvisen

Inlägg av Luvisen »

Is it a problem if the nanny doesn't follow the process, as long as she follow the schedule (I still insist on this)?
Well, yes. I think it might present a problem for the child. You know, little ones like when things are the same, otherwise they get confused...

:wink: /Luvisen
Bebispojken född 22 april 2009
Maratonkurning 26 dec 2009 - 12 feb 2010
Petite Soeur född 8 mars 2012
SM rookie
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"