What is going on??? Please help!!!!

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
åkersangel

What is going on??? Please help!!!!

Inlägg av åkersangel »

Our now 10 month old son has been an all night sleeper (99% of the time) since he was cured at 5 months. All of a sudden a couple of weeks ago he started waking earlier and earlier in the mornings. At first it was only 15 minutes so I let it slide, but now he is waking 1,5 or even 2 hours before good morning (6:30am) and no amount of chanting or buffing will get him back to sleep. He is sometime quite for 20 minutes, but not sleeping and then gets upset again and again. All remaining factors are the same in his life so I JUST DON*T UNDERSTAND! The only thing I have done recently is slowly shorten his afternoon nap by 30 minutes due to his age.

His schedule is as follows:
06:30 Good morning and välling
08:00 Breakfast with family
9:15 - 10:45 Sleep
11:30 Lunch and fruit
14:00 Snack
14:30 - 15.30 Sleep
16:45 Dinner and fruit
18:30 Night meal välling
19:00 Sleep

This week things have gotten even worse. He has started working himself up at bedtime. We do our whole routine and everything is great. When I leave his room chanting as usual, he gets really upset. And I don't mean angry I mean sad. As soon as he hears my voice outside the door chanting he is quiet but starts again as soon as I have done the last verse. If left he gets more and more upset!?!?

So now, all in all he is losing out on up to 2 hours of sleep!?!?!

I have really tried to stick to the techniques that have worked SO well for us, but I really don't know what to do now???

Please help!
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D Understandably you are insecure now (or else you wouldn't have written to us :wink: ). Unfortunately, this means dangerous wolves of worry for him. Unsecure, you are unable to give him the right and simple answers: No danger is threatening, everything is just as it should be! So, first of all: you have to reassume your Attitude of Perfect Confidence.

The schedule shows six meals with too little time between some of them; I suggest four meals and a night cap. As for the naps, one hour in the afternoon is not a so called natural sleep rythm period. I suggest 45 minutes. If need be, you can put him to bed for the night up to half an hour earlier, but never "play" with the morning time!

See to it that it is perfectly dark in his room also in the morning (=night) and do NOT enter, trying to buff or whatever. You are, in truth, disturbing him and telling him, by being there, 1) the morning has come, 2) the wolf is there and he must be saved. After all, both are pure lies!

As soon as you hear him in the early morning, before he's got a chance to start calling you, give him a so called information jingle, times four, by passing, not staying outside his room, and let him listen to music (Mozart instrumental, preferably) and make noises in the house that have NOTHING do do with him. Or, just leave him to the music.

Then go for a really happy reunion when morning comes! By the sharp minute.

Stay calm and give it three nights of total consistency.

O:) :heart: :sleep:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
åkersangel

Inlägg av åkersangel »

Thanks for your advice!

I guess that without thinking about it (and I should know better, but I guess that one forgets the rules after a while of things working perfectly) I was just disturbing him and letting in the wolves in the morning! But I have toughened up and have conveyed a secure no nonscence attitude :lol:

Yesterday morning was brilliant, he slept straight through until good morning. But this morning was aweful! He was awake from 4am - 5.30am going back to sleep until I woke him at good morning! But I noticed that after a while and the quick charm straightaway, that he was awake but calm or maybe a bit irritated:-)) So hopefully we will get back into shape soon.

Hold thumbs!

Have a lovely sleepy weekend!
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

åkersangel skrev:
Have a lovely sleepy weekend!
You have a great weekend too! Good job done, remember those 3 days + 1 week before you evaluate the situation. :wink: Patience is a virtue.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"