Problemer med eftermiddagssoevn

Frågor och svar för dig som tänkt genomföra eller genomför kuren.
Skriv svar
Lennart

Problemer med eftermiddagssoevn

Inlägg av Lennart »

Hej,

Jeg taler desvaerre ikke svensk, haaber dansk er ok - er fra Tyskland, tysk eller engelsk fungerer ogsaa men der er ikke saa meget aktivitet i det tyske del her saa proever jeg her.

Vi har det daarligt med eftermiddagssoevn og undrer hvad vi goer forkert her.

Vi er paa tredje dag af kuren og det blev bedre fra nat til nat indtil nu. Sidste nat var der kun en times tid med spoergsmaal/ utilfredshed, ellers sovede den lille hele nat :)

Vores datter er 9 1/2 maaneder og har sovet daarligt hele hendes liv indtil nu :(

Vores skema er

Soevn fra 19-7
morgenmad 7:30
soevn fra 9-9:45 (vi gaar en tur med barnevogn her hver dag)
spise kl. 12
soevn 13:15 - 14:45 (her er det hvor det gaar helt galt)
spise kl. 15
spise kl. 18
have det sjovt og god-nat-flaske 18:30-19

Jeg lavede de foerste to nat og min kone de foerste dage og den tredje nat, vi delede dagen i dag.
Naesten alt kom som forventet ifoelge bogen.

Problemet er eftermiddagssoevn i barnesengen. Den ene problem er at hun falder daarligt i soevn (blev lidt bedre hver dag, i dag tog det en kvarter, i gaar en halv time - saaledes at hun kun maatte sove 45 minutter i steded for halvanden timer) og andet problem er at hun vogner op efter 20-30 minutter og med 'fulde bukser' - det ved vi dog selvfoelgelig ikke uden at gaar ind og det skal vi jo egentlig ikke laengre.

I dag vognede hun efter 20-30 minutter og broelede, jeg gik ind efter faa minutter og gav hende en ny diaper men hun ville ikke falde i soevn igen derefter, der gik mere end 20 minutter med et par besked men hun blev vildere og vildere med at hyle.

Inden kuren var eftermiddagssoevn en del senere - naesten en time men saa passede det ikke med spiseplanen, kan det vaere det som giver problemerne? Hun er rigtig traet den tid vi har lagt eftermiddagssoevn hen til.

Hvad laver vi forkert eller hvad kan vi lave bedre?

Bedste hilsen
Lennart
Tin
Rådgivare/advisor

Re: Problemer med eftermiddagssoevn

Inlägg av Tin »

Hi Lennart,
so my danish is not very good but Im happy to have a conversation in english so that things dont get lost in translation.

As I understand it its the long sleep thats the issue. She fills her nappy and then will not get to sleep after that.
The nights are good, better and better even so it is working - the cure. And you are obviously doing great, last night sound awesome. Good work parents.

I think the schedule looks great, so lets leave that for now so that she is up for long enough after her long sleep. I do have a few questions though:
- the long sleep is in her crib I understand, is the room dark? I find that it helps.
- is it completely quiet in the house? I also find that house noises like radio, washing machine or vacuuming help them settle in daytime. In fact I didn't have any of these with my first one and the house was too quiet so I put an Ipad on playing Mozart outside her room. Just to create noise.

Regarding filling her pants and you guys going it, that confuses the little one of course. Check what food you give her during the morning and lunch. What food you give her will regulate the tummy, so food like prunes, pear, ripe banana will create bowl movements where as apple, blueberries and unripe banana will stop things up. Ie go through what you give her and experiment with shifting the timing of her poops. Some people have this issue at night time too. And when she doesnt poop in her nap anymore, than you dont have to go in and you are more consistent and can jingle.

Other than that, remember, she has been doing something different for almost 10 months so her success is relying on you parents being consistent first of all. Follow the book. And I know you know this, but every time you sway and do something different she will take longer to get the message. Also believe in your self, you are already doing great, look how much better the nights are already.

Please answer in English and if I misunderstood the danish, Im sorry.

hugs Tin :heart:
Lilla O född 2010-02-04 (42+1)
Standardmodellat sedan 13 mars då hon var drygt 4 veckor.

Lilla M född 2012-11-29 (39+0)
SM från början, vad annars ;)
Lennart

Inlägg av Lennart »

Hi tin,

Thanks for your quick reply. I believe you read everything right from the danish, good job ;)

Last night was way worse than the third one, she pooped the diaper twice and woke up a lot because she catched a heavy cold, coughing, snodding, sneezing,... :-/

We'll try to keep to the schedule nevertheless, just perhaps give her some water every now and then through the night when the coughing is too heavy. Hopefully the stomach will adjust more and more to the new schedule, would be great without having to change the diaper during sleeps, she hates when they are full and of course it disturbes even more with the changing.

We are just missing the nighttime cuddle and having her holding our hand while falling asleep a lot but that is probably more our wish than hers :( crossing fingers that the cold won't ruin the progress, we have just another week until I need to go back to work and really hope to have made some progress by then.

The house is sometimes quiet, sometimes not, neighbors using their leaf-blowing machines, us doing stuff around, but not consistent. That we might try indeed. Today we went for a walk also for the afternoon snooze and she woke up and was wide awake after 45 mins.

Cheers
Lennart
Lennart

Inlägg av Lennart »

Update after two more nights - both weren't too good. The coughing and the snodding wakes her up quite a lot. Both nights were rough between 2 and 4. She fell asleep quite quick after putting her down in the evenings though.

Today already the putting down works bad, she screams for 35 min aleady withoutr signs of it getting better :-(
Daytime schedule was followed accurately.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hello Lennart and welcome! :D

So how long have you been doing the cure?
just perhaps give her some water every now and then through the night when the coughing is too heavy
So if you still enter the room at every noice then the jingle will not take over and work. :wink:
The coughing and the snodding wakes her up quite a lot. Both nights were rough between 2 and 4
What do you do at this time?

How do you put her to bed? What is the routine? How do you use the jingle?

Please re-read the chapter about the Safari and the Security chapter (what language are. you reading in?) :D
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Forum om kurbarn mellan 4 och 12 månader"