When starting the cure?

A parents' forum based on FTLoC (For The Love of Children)
poca

Re: When starting the cure?

Inlägg av poca »

Hi!

I try to make her hands busy in other ways during days :)

However, now it seems that she wakes up almost all nights around 02:30 in the morning (so after 7,5 hours) and does not go back to sleep until she gets milk. She can wait a little more like 1 hour without complaining too much but doesn't sleep either until she gets something to eat...
Then she gets back to sleep without any issues.
I'm not sure what to do here to extend stop this break during night...
Any suggestions?
:heart: Big Brother 2013-09 (GNS 2015)
:heart: Little Sister 2016-08 started standard model on 2016-10-06 (7 weeks old), did her first 10 hours night on 2016-10-29 (10 weeks old) after 4 weeks of training \:D/ work in progress :thumbsup:
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Dear Poca,

Do you think you can go in under "administrationspanel" and add a signature to your profile where you write when your child is born so we know her age more exactly? :D

So she should now start to reach the age of almost 3 months?
I think you might need to focus om more food during the day, and also sometimes (if you breastfeed 100%) you might want to consider pumping some milk out from the morning milk and give her before the night, it has more fat in it and will last a bit longer. If giving her food at 2.30 and she still sleeps until morning after that, it is ok too! :D

What is her schedule like now?
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hello

Profile updated now! ;)

Her schedule is unchanged: 07:00 to 19:00 with 1,5/2/1,5 sleeping time during the day which was working good so far.

But it's actually now the third night in a row that I'm struggling again unfortunately...
The 2 last nights she started to wake up earlier in the night (around 1 AM) and get the pacifier and sleeps until 2 ish for food.
She poops a few times so I have to change her several times which is new... Go back to sleep and then it's chaos again... wake up, fall asleep wakes up and so on...
She even started again not to sleep good during days... waking up far from when she should wake up (at least 30 minutes earlier), and she complained even during the all nap (the middle of the day one)

This night is even worth... she won't go back to sleep at all.. I don't get it...
What's going on? :cry: #-o
:heart: Little Sister 2016-08 started standard model on 2016-10-06 (7 weeks old), did her first 10 hours night on 2016-10-29 (10 weeks old) after 4 weeks of training \:D/ work in progress :thumbsup:
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Hi!
She is almost 3 monhts now and she is giving you signals that it´s time to change the schedual :wink: , way to much sleep during the day when you are 3 months! Cut down the last nap to 45 minutes and the next time you need to change the naps, mabye in a month you make the first nap 45 minutes to. When they are about 5 months my boys have had trouble keeping the long nap to 2 hours so I then made it 1,5 h When you go over to two naps at about 8-9 months you have naps 45 min and 2 hours again.
James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hi!

I did cut the afternoon nap from 1,5h to 45 minutes as soon as I saw your message.
Unfortunately, it's not getting better really yet :cry:

Morning nap (1,5 hours) usually goes fine (more or less) and I managed to go to the daycare with my older son and come back to wake her up after 1,5 h sleep (I still follow the 1,5/2/1,5 schema starting at 07:00 in the morning).

Lunch nap (2 hours) is not working super good: when I am out, she just sleep without waking up straight 2 hours.
But when I'm home, that's another story... she wakes up after 1 hour and is not going back to sleep even if she looks exhausted... she cries every 5 minutes... #-o
And of course find finally a good sleep when it's time to finish the nap... :oops:
So even if I make the nap 1,5h instead of 2 might not help here :/ #-o

Afternoon nap is so so (45 minutes now)
Kind of depends of the days but sometimes she starts to sleep far to early in the afternoon (as she is too tired from the lunch nap...) and then rest of the afternoon is loooooong.
But I thought that shortened this nap helped for sure.

Then the night... I have the feeling that I am back to square one here... beginning of the night is kind of ok (even if now she starts to wake up once a little around 20:00 or 21:00 or 22:00).
But after... it's a nightmare again... lots of waking up from midnight... it's terrible... :cry: :sleep:

What do you recommend me to do? :roll: :-k
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

So, this is when things start to get tricky! :wink: 3-months!!

Do you have FTLOC book in English now? If not I think you would like to start reading it by now. Things really happen from this age and forward!

So I started my 12+45+2+45 schedule at 3 months.

12 hour night
45 min fm nap
2 hour day nap
45 min em nap

There is no rule saying that if you like you can have 12+1,5+1,5+45 if that is better for you. :D

Now the tricky part! 3-months = MORE FOOD! Some parents start with a little bit of tastes of food or add some more formula to the food.
Second now you are stuck in "vagnträsk" which means she only sleeps while the pram is in motion, and this is what she has been thought. If the pram is NOT moving she wakes up and starts screaming for more movement.
So now it is time to really make the choice will she learn to sleep in a standing still pram or a moving one?
Third think, now she also needs MUCH more time on her stomach on the floor and start crawling. ALOT! She needs to start to get physically tired so she sleeps.

The night is because she needs more food. What do you give her today? :D
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hi

She did her first 12 hours night without food last Monday! But I still had to give back the pacifier like 2 or 3 times during the night.
However, was just a 1 time thing as she's giving me a hard time since her vaccination..
She's now sleeping normally 45'-2-45'-12. but that doesn't work that well... morning and afternoon nap are ok (even if the afternoon nap starts sometimes much earlier than expected), but the 2 hours nap doesn't work: she almost always wakes up after 1 hour and don't go back to a good sleep after that.
And nights... well... it's tuff again... some nights she wakes up every 2 or 3 hours, sometimes after 7,8 or 9 hours to eat.... there's no rules really :/
Plus I guess I should stop the pacifier... she doesn't need it to fall asleep all the time but when she wakes up I really don't know how to calm her down... I even do something worth.... I do contact with my hand to her face or hands until she let it go :( Works most of the time (not always but that's a really bad habit...).

She exercises on the stomach a lot, but doesn't want to eat much lately... can't really force her...

To summarize I'm really confused.. plus we'll travel next week for 8 days... I'm scared about how this will go...

PS: yes got the book, which part should I read again?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

So she got her vaccination. Sorry not much I can say about that, it can take anywhere from a few days to 1-2 weeks before she is back to somewhat normal.

Read in the FTLoC about the 4 month old. And in the back there is a fifth part, trouble? Everything from food, sleep and so on. Look there too. Is it in English or Swedish? The chapter about Socialdelaktighet is a good one!

So when my son was 4 months I had 2 things.
1. If he ate before he was really awake then he ate good. But slept a bit worse.
2. If he ate closer to the naps. Then he ate bad but slept a bit better.

So When does she eat the best? Feed her at this time and then right before the long nap, give her some mashed banana. They sleep great on mashed banana.

Yes, normally we recommend taking away the pacifier when starting with 12 hour nights without any food. You can read about that also in the book. :D
Tor 2006

poca

Inlägg av poca »

Hej!

Ok I'll read again all those!
I am feeding her after she wakes up after each nap/night.
Should I try then just before the naps instead?
I haven't start the solid food. Sounded a little too early to me I wanted to wait a little longer for that even if I know this might help.
poca

Inlägg av poca »

One more question regarding the cold.
How are we suppose to act when babies have a cold aise they might be disturb by that :/
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Hi!

Starting with solid foods is not that early at 4-months, some countries start at two-months. It used to be 4-months here before too, it´s just the "breast feeding-propaganda" thats made it six months. You have to judge by the childs interest, my oldest loved solid foods(hated the bottle and breast) when I started at 3,5 months while my youngest didn`t like it at all.

When babies/children have colds you chop a yellow onoin roughly and pour boiling water over and then place the bowl under/beside the crib, woks wonders for both cough and thick noses. I`m doing it right now for my two-year old and he sleeps through the night despite the cold. I ALWAYS do it when they have a cough.

James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
poca

Inlägg av poca »

I'm giving up now.
I lost all hope of any kind.
I read the book again and again, it had done even worst than before.
No improvement.

Then we went on Christmas vacations and things turned South... She started to wake up all the time and ask even for food like she never did before otherwise she kept crying and crying.
After one week vacation, still the same circus but at home now.

So I did the 3 nights cute as explain on FTLOC in the sleeping problem part, and it just stop a bit there craziness bit where still wakes up around midnight every night and then around 4 or 5 asking for food this second time.
It's been like that for more than a week now, I just can't do it anymore, I'm alone taking care of her 24/7 for months now, I just give up now :(((
I really believed in it until now, but I can't continue like that, I'm lost, totally :((
mamaA
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av mamaA »

Hi!

Have you started her on solid foods yet? Usually around 3-4 months you get a lot more trouble at night otherwise cause the babies are a lot hungrier than before.

How old is she now? 4-5 months? When you reach a decent amount of solid foods(2/day) I think it would be better to do a full cure.

James 11-03-05
Finn 14-09-19
SM-barn så klart!
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding FTLoC (For The Love of Children)"