how to get Saara to sleep her naps?

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
loorip

Re: how to get Saara to sleep her naps?

Inlägg av loorip »

Hi
Yes, actually I read it again. My self confidence began to sway, thank you for giving it back!
Actually past week she has been sleeping 11,5-12 h per night, usually she slept for about 11 h.

Another question. Soon we have to switch to winter time. Does anyone have any suggestions, ho to handle it? How do I change her schedule or should it stay 19-07 and 11:30-13:30. Or should I change it step by step - 15 min at a time?
20-08 night suites otherwise well, cause Sara's dad gets to see her after workday.

Loori
Loori

Babygirl was born on 19.09.2016
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi, you can try keeping it so it becomes 20-08 but you will see if it doesn't fit. I change with 15min/dag for 4 days when kids are small.

Also I would give her 12 hour night and 1,5 hour midday sleep.

For the whining I think you need to have what we call Social participation. That means you need to activate her during the day, participate in cooking, cleaning house, vacuuming, laundry and more. Also to be outside and move around 1 hour am and 1 hour pm.

And last what you say yourself, the attitude of confidence. Also she will soon enter the 1,5 year old "pre-tantrum" faze. Good to keep in mind that when the questions are coming you are calm and stable as a rock. :wink:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Do you have the English FTLoC book? Try reading about the 1 year old and the 1,5 year old. :D If not, get it! You will understand everything there!
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
loorip

Inlägg av loorip »

Hi
Actually I'm reading it just now. I got some ideas. Although I am involving her to social activities, maybe I should more :) I'll try. Yesterday was almost OK. It seem as soon I get my confidence back, things start to change.
Loori

Tin
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av Tin »

Hello,
It seem as soon I get my confidence back, things start to change.
You said it, this is the magic ingredient. Attitude!

Happy reading, and YES social activity, feeling needed, not just helping works for kids of all ages. You are a part of the pack, the pack cant live without you. So be inventive, and make her feel absolutely invaluable.

Hugs Tin :heart:
Lilla O född 2010-02-04 (42+1)
Standardmodellat sedan 13 mars då hon var drygt 4 veckor.

Lilla M född 2012-11-29 (39+0)
SM från början, vad annars ;)
loorip

Inlägg av loorip »

You know, I know the theory, but when hard times hit, confidence starts to shake. Then it is very good to come here and get it solid again. Thank you!
Last days have been better :)
Loori

TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

:thumbsup: :heart: Always welcome!
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"