babygirl, 7months sleeping problems

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
merit

babygirl, 7months sleeping problems

Inlägg av merit »

Hi,

First i would like to thank you. I have a 2 year old boy, who has been cured now for more than 1,5 years. Everything works smoothly with him (besides sleeping time is the only time for pooping - don't know how to cure that). But that's another story.

Now i have a 7,5 months old girl. I started the cure first when she was 6m1w old. But i couldn't lose the pacifier. So first it worked but then she started to wake up more often. The 2w ago i decided to lose the pacifier for good. It came with a lot of crying. But it went better. One night she even slept till 7 (Going to bed 20.00). But now i'm loosing it again. She wakes up every single night. Times are different (sometimes 5, sometimes 3 o'clock). And it takes me always at least 1h for her to get back to sleep. Only thing that helps is buffing. When i try fanning or say the jingle - it all makes her cry more. So i buff till she is almost asleep and then say the jingle. Most of the times she wakes up again when she hears my voice and starts crying. And so the story goes for an hour. The she finally fells asleep.

My problem is also that when its finally wake up time and i give her breast-milk, she fells asleep in our bed. Sometimes i'm so tired because of the night that we both fell asleep. That makes it impossible to follow the schedule in the mornings. Couple of times i have made the morning start little bit earlier - when she wakes up 5 and has been crying, wining for 1,5hours.

Can it be because of the teeth?

When we had our pacifier we didn't have any problems of getting to sleep (day or night). Only problem was that she woke up 3-4 times during the night. Now she cant find her sense of security in the bed (mu son has his teddybear and he sucks his finger - that helps him). She doesn't like any of her teddy's on thumbs. :) So she starts crying every time i put her in the bed or when she's tired (for example when she wakes up in the morning and i put her toys in the bed - she can easily play there for an hour, but she is unable to fell asleep). Can you please help?

Our schedule:
7.00 wake up and eating
8-9.30 sleeping (rarely sleeping at that time)
11. eating
12-14 sleep
15 eating
17.30-18.15 sleeping
19.45 breast-milk
20.00 sleeping

I would like to have schedule, thats starts 8 o'clock (like my boy). But i'm not able to stand all that crying.

Thank you for any advice.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: babygirl, 7months sleeping problems

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi and welcome back!

Ok first thing is first.

You are in the 8-month anxiety period. You can read more about this in “For the Love of children” this is a BIG development phase.

Second, you have too much sleep on the schedule and I think it is time for 2 naps. You need to have 14,5 hours of sleep on the schedule and I get it to be 15.15 so try to remove the 45 min nap in the afternoon. Put the two other naps a bit later, say 9-10.30 and the second one at 13.00-15.00.

Also you need to convince your daughter that you are indeed keeping her safe, not with your presence and body in the room. Reread the safari chapter in the book! It is your job to WORK with the jingle and convince her that she can sleep without your presence there. So quickly you enter and calm her down, Not drowsy but calm, exit with a SECURE and loud jingle, you might need to say it 12 times to convince her! You need to have the last say in the conversation. Let her answer and get angry, you can not calm an angry child, but wait and then say the jingle again. Minimum X4 always.

So you press the restart button on the cure and follow the cheatsheet down to every detail.

Keep me posted on your progress

http://www.annawahlgren.com/index.php/v ... heat-sheet
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
merit

Inlägg av merit »

Thank you for your reply.

our new schedule:
7.00 wakeup and milk
7.15-8.15 playing in bed
8.15-8.45 breakfast
9.15-10 nap
11.30-12.00 lunch
12.30-14.30 nap
15.00 snack + milk
17.00-17.45 nap or 17.45-18.15 (as it is right now)
18.30-19.00 dinner with family
19.30 bath + milk
20.00 good night sleep :)

That makes 14h 30min. Only thing is that isn't the last nap too close to going to bed?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

I think you missunderstood me. I think you need to change to 2 naps, not 3. And put them the time I just wrote. Then it will be perfect! :D

Also you might want to think about having 12 hour nights, this will work better for you. :wink:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
merit

Inlägg av merit »

I understood you perfectly, i just tried to fit the schedule with my sons schedule, he's eating times are 9, 11.30, 15.00 and 18.30; sleeping 20.00-8.00, 12.30-14.30.

Maybe the new schedule for the girl:
8.00 wakeup + milk
8.15-8.45 playing alone
8.30 breakfast
9-10.30 nap 1,5h
11.30-12.00 lunch
13-15.00 nap 2h
15.00 milk + snack
18.30-19.00 dinner
19.30 bath + milk
20.00 sleep 12h

PS. Out night tonight was horrible. Going to bed was very hard yesterday - i tried to be as little as i could with her and just jingle outside the door. It took me 45min to get her to sleep. And then she woke up 23 (fell back to sleep 01), then again 5 and 6 (didn't fell back to sleep, just cried/complained till 7). So tired. Should i start with the new schedule today? Is it ok, that our morning started little bit differently, than in the schedule?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Now the schedule still has 1 hour too many, you need to make the morning nap 45 min. 12 hour night is great. The thing is, we need to work "with" our childrens rythm, not everyone has the same. Is she tired in the morning and likes sleeping to 8 it's great. Some has earlier rythms.

I understand you wanting them to have the same times, but it is sometimes difficult when you have a small child and for a short time you might have to have them on different times. Or perhaps changing the brothers times a bit? Most of the time you only have 2 naps for 5-6 months, that is a short time when you look at a lifetime for them. But the new times look great, just adjust the morning nap to 45 min and you are good to go.
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"