crying while lying on the stomach

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
ninays

crying while lying on the stomach

Inlägg av ninays »

Hi Sarisparis,

it has been quite a while since I have started the cure with my daughter and you have given me many advice which was very helpful.
Things are going "so lala" altough many things are amazing. She falls asleep when she hits the matress with a smile and it really looks like she wants to go to sleep.
I always had to problem that she turned onto her stomach during the night and started to cry. As we did not manage to cure her of that we blocked her or turned her around. However, she got so strong now that this does not work anymore so the 12 hour nights or those were you have to turn her once are over. :oops:
We think it is about time to do a belly sleep cure :)
We put her to sleep on the stomach and it actually does work now she falls asleep. The only issue is that when she wakes up on her belly early in the morning she does not stop crying. Jingeling at 5 does work but not at 6.

Therefore I have the following questions:
1) Do you think it is a matter of time?
2) Do I keep jingeling? How often? (This morning she woke up at 6:15 and my husband jingeld 4 times until 7...eventually the washing maschiene keept her quite for 10 minutes). Do I jingle correctly inbetween breaks of crying (if it happens)?
3) Is this how it will be when they are able to stand up (she is nearly 10month and so I think this will happen soon).

Thanks again for all your help. =D>
Yours, Ninays
Sarisparis
Rådgivare/advisor

Re: crying while lying on the stomach

Inlägg av Sarisparis »

Hi Ninays :D

Glad to hear that your daughter enjoy go to bed, that's one of the most beautiful things about the cure. Well done =D>

Your daughter is nearly ten months old and hence I guess she's capable of moving around as she likes. So let her. I would put all my energy on the bedtime laugh, maybe let her fly as an airplane all the way down to the matress and then lights out and you out with the jingle - a very nice and happy jingle. She's perfectly capable of finding the best position to sleep, let her. Don't forget that all unnecessary help is in fact not only unnecessary but also a way of teaching her that she's not capable of doing things on her own.

Regarding the mornings, I wonder if you have an alarm clock that signals when the morning has come? It's often the "miracle solution" to (too) early mornings. Let the alarm clock ring and have her put it out. It will come clear that morning comes when the alarm clock rings. You can keep the alarm clock outside her room and if necessary change the alarm a bit so that you can "wake her up" in a convenient moment.
If she wakes up way too early, you should be careful not to start the day by insist too much on the jingle (it might really wake her up). A simple informative jingle telling her that it is still night and then some household noise (the laundry machine seems to do the trick :wink: ) if something more is necessary. Take a look at p 239 in the GNS book, the question The fifteen-minute margin and the alarm clock.

Remember also that the most important part of the cure, and Annas philosophy in general, is the attitude of the parent. Of course the cure is quite "technical", but nothing will ever work if the attitude behind the tools is not there. So keep up the reading of the GNS-book. Especially the Security chapter. :thumbsup:

:heart:
ninays

Inlägg av ninays »

:mrgreen:
thank you for the answer I will continue to read and be confident.
I think this is the most amazing part about the whole cure. It cures yourself in some way and it certainly made me more confident on a lot of things in relation to my daughter.

Have a great weekend,
Nina
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

=D> :mrgreen: =D>

(me too, thanks to Anna) :heart:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"