Suddenly problems with night sleep

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
lynxu

Suddenly problems with night sleep

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

I have a 10,5 month old son and we started the cure when he was 6 months old. Things were going great. But now we have problems with night sleep. He sleeps from 8.30 to 7.30. He wakes up several times. Usually he falles asleep after I have put him down (he stands up) and jingeled. Sometimes it takes more time. But the real problem is at mornings. He wakes about 45 minutes or 30 minutes before the real wake-up time and starts to cry. And then he does not want to sleep any more. Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to get him back to sleep. Sometimes longer, today it took 40 minutes.... He eats good. Last meal 6.45 and before going to bed he gets milk as much as he wants.
What should I do?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: Suddenly problems with night sleep

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi, Welcome back.

How much does he sleep during the day and what times? The total hours of sleep needed at this age is 14 hours. If you have 11 hour night you need 2 day naps. One lets say 45 mins and a long one 2 hours. Not to late before the night. What feeding times do you have and what do you give him? Does he get some finger foods he can eat with his own hands while you feed him the regular food?

Is he crawling enough on the floor? Are you outside twice a day, 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, awake?
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
lynxu

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

Our schedule looks like this:

7.30 morning
7.45 porridge
9.30 milk and fruit slices to eat with his fingers
10.00-11.30 outside playing
12.00 lunch - puree with meat and bread to eat with his fingers
12.30-15.00 nap time
15.40 fruit puree with a little sausage bread or coockie (not sweet)
18.45 porridge
20.15 milk
20.30 night sleep

He takes only one nap starting from the previous week. We usually go outside once a day. He sleeps outside also. Sometimes we go outside afternoon but not so much. In our country it is pretty dark at six a clock already and cold and rainy.
He is walking a little already so most of the day we walk around the apartment. He does not wish to play with his toys a lot.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi.

Looking at your schedule you have about 30 min to little sleep. Så don't cut down. This is what is needed until he turns 2 so work with it.

:idea: I think he gets hungry in the morning, perhaps you could change the 2 last meals place?

:arrow: Have porridge as snack and then the meat and other foods at dinner 18.45. That will make him fuller. And also give him something sturdier than "milk" before going to bed?

How dark do you have the bedroom? Is it pitching black even during the day? Please check.

Also perhaps you can go outside for about 60 min at 16.00 then it is not too dark, and he can walk pushing the stroller in front of him. That is fun!

Also, social participation. He is old now and needs to be put to use. Handling laundry, putting the dirty clothes in the machine, give you the wet clothes to hang, turn on and off all lights. Empty dishwasher, hand dish things. Sit in the zinc while you prepare food and so on. Than will make him want a break naturally. :wink:

Inside I would prefer if you can encourage him to crawl around 50 meters every day. That will tire him out for the night.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"