big trouble with nap time

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
lynxu

big trouble with nap time

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

I have a six month old son and we started the cure about a month ago and things were going really great. But now we have a big problem with one of the nap times.
He takes two naps. First one is in bed one hour long and the other one is in carriage and is suppose to last about two hours. So it was at first, he fell asleep great and slept the whole time. Woke up once in while but fell asleep again.
The first nap goes well - he falls asleep 2 min after jingle. After an hour I wake him up. Night sleep goes also well he falls asleep happy and sleeps trhough the night. But the second sleep is a madhouse.
He goes asleep pretty well i start walking and then it takes a few minutes. But then he wakes up after half an hour or hour (if it goes well) and starts screaming. I can´t calm him down with jingle or jerking or rocking. He just screams as long as I take him out. I have tried to calm him down for an hour but nothing helps... Now he has trouble falling asleep also..
Today we tried to do this nap in bed. But also the same. He woke up after half an hour. I tried jingle and then buffing but nothing. For 45 minutes he screamed like crazy....
Should I make the first nap longer and then the second one as long as he takes it?
I do not know what to do, please help :(
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: big trouble with nap time

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Congratulations to a good cure well done! :lol:

So now my questions:

:?: What is the schedule like? Naps, night, and meals what he eats?

:arrow: First, a 6 month old that wakes up after 30 min is probably hungry. My son was.

So MORE or let’s say LOTS of food is imperative here.

:arrow: Second, they need to crawl on the floor on their stomach when awake. Slippery clothes no socks and mirrors and toys and start crawling. They need to exercise whole lot!

:arrow: Third, does he sleep on his stomach? If not try to do that and perhaps have the short nap in carriage and the long nap in crib. That would be my choise.

Let’s start here.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
lynxu

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

Our schedule is like this (i do not breastfeed anymore):

7.30 morning
7.45 milk + fruit puree
10.10 milk
10.20 nap (1 hour) i know that hour is not very good time but it seems to be ok for him.
13.15 milk + puree with meat
14.15 nap (2 hours but now half an hour)
16.40 milk
19.30 milk + porridge
20.00 night sleep

I try to give him as much food as he takes but he is pretty poor eater.
But do You think that we should live the first nap an hour and the second one longer (when it is possible)? Because it seems that he would sleep longer the first nap if possible. Of course I do not know how long.
He is very active the whole time he is up so it can not be the lack of exercise.
Did You mean with the third point that he should take the first nap in carriage and second one in bed?

Best regards,
evelin
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

So lets have your long nap first and short nap second. That is a good idea.

First, he needs more food. 2 porrige and 2 food (with meat) and fruit on top of that. If I could tweek your schedule a little.

7.30 morning
7.45 milk + fruit puree
10.10 Porridge with fruit
10.20 nap (2-2,5 hour)
13.15 milk + puree with meat
15.00 nap (45 minutes)
16.15 milk
18.30 Puree with meat and fruit
19.30 Top off with milk or if he’s hungry porridge
20.00 night sleep

You actually had about 30 mins to little sleep on the schedule but if he is close to 7 months 14,5 hours are perfect.

Also he will at 7 months need to start eating finger foods. Tiny pieces of pees, corn, sandwich, avocado, well cooked pasta and so on.

:idea: Exercise you get from walking chairs or swings and so on doesn’t count. They truly need to be crawling crosswise on the floor, and we are talking about hours/day of this. This for motorskills, brain development and eyesight coordination. You really don’t want to miss this very big step in development.

Think about weightlifters how they scream to get the beam over their head. That is how difficult it is to crawl. :wink:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
lynxu

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

He is close to seven months only week to go.
He does not have a swing or walking chair so we do all the things on floor :)
Thank You very much for Your help we will try these :)
Fingers crossed :)

Best regards
evelin
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

:D :thumbsup:
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"