Awake at night

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
lynxu

Awake at night

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,
We started GNS about 10 days ago and it is going pretty good. There are some problems that i do not know how to handle...
Our son is 6 months old. He still eats once a night because he does not want to eat very much before bed. He usually sleeps pretty good at night but sometimes (not every night) he wakes up and then i jingle and he stays quiet. Soon he starts to turn and talk to himself pretty loud - i can hear it from behind the door. Since he is not crying i do not do anything. But it takes him about 2 hours to fall asleep again. Should I do something- jingle perhaps? But he does not seem to need confirmation he seems happy but not sleeping... Will it go away eventually and he starts to fall asleep quicker? Or should I help him somehow.
The other thing is that he wakes up about 30 minutes before morning, i can hear him from the other room. When he cryes I try jingeling but he is so awake already that it does not help. I tried buffing but he wants to wake up... Should I let him wake up?

Best Regards,
Evelin
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: Awake at night

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

And welcome! :D

First congratulations to a great start of the cure! =D>

Please give me your schedule and what and when he eats.

Normally we don’t do anything with children who wake up in the middle of the night and don’t ask for help. However if he is still awake after let’s say 1 hour you can give a quite harsh jingle saying “I had enough”. Other than that you are correct we do nothing.

Same with early mornings, if you jingle that close to morning it’s like saying soon. So let him get 1 reminder jingle and then leave him alone. You may pick up as much as 15 min early if necessary but no more.

Also you need to check that the bedroom he sleeps in is absolutely pitch dark. You should not be able to see the hand in front of you during the day if you walk in there, if not you need to make it darker. PITCH DARK!

Also you will need to remove the nightmeal so he knows how to eat during the day. :wink:

Lets start with this.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
lynxu

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

Thank You for your answer. Our schedule is like this (i do not breastfeed anymore):

7.30 morning
7.45 milk
10.15 milk
10.30 nap (1 hour) i know that hour is not very good time but it seems to be ok for him.
13.15 milk + puree
14.15 nap (2 hours)
16.40 milk
19.30 milk + porridge
20.00 night sleep

i will try to stop the night feeding :)

Best regards,
Evelin
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

so, you will need some more food on the schedule. Perhaps like this?

7.30 morning
7.45 milk
8.15 Porrige breakfest
10.00 nap (1 hour) i know that hour is not very good time but it seems to be ok for him.
12.15 milk + puree (food puree with fruit puree first, then milk)
13.30 nap (2 hours)
16.30 Dinner (food puree with fruit)
19.30 milk + porridge
20.00 night sleep

I tweeked you schedule a tiny bit, the naps because he needs to get more tired before night sleep. The last nap was too late.

Also you have about 30 min to little sleep on it, so when he turns 7+8 months don't adjust the schedule. [-X (unless to have longer night)

What do you thinkg?

Is his room dark enough?
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
lynxu

Inlägg av lynxu »

Hi,

Thanks again :)
Yes our room is dark enough, i can' t see a thing :D
He has slept two nights now without eating.
And i will adjust my schedule a little and do the mornign porridge.

Best regards,
Evelin
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

:thumbsup: =D> :mrgreen:
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"