6-months baby-boy form Russia: day routing

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: 6-months baby-boy form Russia: day routing

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

15 min to target time is ok, but if you really can get him to go back to sleep using the 15 min after insted and be the one waiking him up, it is worth sooooo much more.

To wake a child up, is a HUGE key in the process. Or let them at least leigh in the bed and talk for a while, so they really feel the grown up is in charge.

Thanks for all your kind words.

My son is a standard modell child, it is great, I just love the book.
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Do you mean that wake him up is better then let him awake by himself? I thought the purpose is to learn him to sleep and to wake up just in compliance with the schedule ...

And as we talk about wakeness process - what is the good way to do it? If he is sleeping I do it quitely, stroking him and whispering "wake up time, hello". If he is screaming I do it loudly and cheerfully. What do you think?

Today we had 4 solid food: 2 vegetable, 2 porridge per 50g each with breastmilk adjunction right in time every 3 hours. He is not really keen of new food. challenge is to get the finger out of his mouse to put the meal. He is very obsessive of the finger in these particular moments - could it be because of hunger? I do not like to start with breasfeeding as he might refuse the solids.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Waking him up is the KEY, THE KEY. I’ll try to explain.

Think that you are going to work the next day and have not set an alarm clock. You wake up at 02 look at the clock to see what time it is, is it time to wake up? No, then you fall back asleep, wake up at 05, is it time to wake up now? No. Sleep a bit more, now is it time? Yes, you just overslept with 30 min, now you are all stressed out and angry.

So imagine you are going to a new job and you have set the alarm on you phone, the one next to the bed and one on the outside of you bedroom as well. THEN you sleep al night knowing for sure you will wake up well arrested and happy.

Same thing with children. If they have to be in charge of their own sleep then they can’t trust the sleep. But if you know for sure that someone is in charge, taking care of your interests, THEN you know you can enjoy the rest of the day outside all the other things you need to keep track of.

When you wake a child up, wake him up like it is his birthday! ALL the time! It is fun to wake up, it is fun to go to bed. Always cheerful and happy to see him. Then social participation.

With regards to the meals, he needs to keep his hands busy with his own things. There are “corn doodles” in the store here they are like cheese doodles but without the cheese and the salt, crackers with out salt or sugar is ok and so on, he can have that in his hands, spoon from his own series and so on. NO toys! But put food related objects in his hands. Keep feeding just take the hand with the tool out quickly and put the food in. Look like it is the best thing you have ever tasted.

It is very common that they put their fingers in their mouth to help out with the tasting, feeling with hands WHAT they are eating. My son put EVERYTHING in his mouth until 1,5 years old. Rocks, lids, toys, sand, dirt. Also they do this for weeks when getting their teeth, just keep on going like nothing happens.

Also soon (at about 7-8 months) they want to start eating on their own. Then you can give corn, chickpeas, regular peas, soft white bread with butter (no salt), and more that he can put in his own mouth, while you feed with pure on the side.

Nice going with the food! I think you are on your way!!! HURRAY! =D> =D> =D>
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
LenaK

Inlägg av LenaK »

извиняюсь за вторжение, похоже, вы прекрасно понимаете друг друга. Хочу только обратить ваше внимание, что есть моменты, отличающие наши страны. В России, например, у детей был дневной сон вплоть до ухода в школу. Как сейчас с этим я не знаю, но думаю, что так же, поскольку у "наших" родителей всегда была тенденция укладывать детей после 21.00 (подкрепляемая программой "Спокойной ночи, малыши" если мне не изменяет память). Родители знали, что в садике их дети днём поспят.
В Швеции дети днём спят лет до 2х, максимум 3х. Поэтому они ложатся спать в 19.00. Младшие школьники в 20.00
Мне показалось нужным упомянуть об этом, поскольку вы уже несколько раз затрагивали эту тему.

Тут дневной сон младенцев за несколько месяцев до начала садика стараются подстроить под расписание в садике.
Lena, mamma till
pojke -juni 02,
flicka -januari 05,
pojke -september 07
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Лена, большое спасибо за пояснение - действительно, имеет место разница в традициях и, наверное, еще в образе жизни. У нас взрослые возвращаются с работы не раньше 8 и, чтобы иметь хоть немного времени на общение с ребенком, детей укладывают в 9 а нередко и гораздо позже.
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Hi again,
Today is a month since we are living with the cure and I suppose it's a good time to review our results:
1. Meal. The boy gets 4 solid meal a day - 2 porridge and 2 vegetables per 50 g each. For every solid meal he gets breastmilk as adjunction, one additional portion to night and one more at 4-5 o'clock in the morning.
2. Schedule.
21 - 9 night (breast feeding at 4-5 at the morning), 12 hours
9 - breasfeeding
10 - meal, vegetables
11 - 11.45 - nap, 45 min
13 - meal, porridge
14 - 15.30 - nap, 1,5 hours
16 - meal, vegetables
18 - 18.45 - nap, 45 min
19 - meal, porridge
20.30 - breasfeeding
We keep this schedule stable since 22, January

3. Performance with sleep.
Not much well I must say :(
Night: in good nights he wakes up 3 times only - about 2, 4 and 7. At 4 I breastfeed, at other cases use jingle. Jingle makes him asleep at 3 - 20 minutes.
11-11.45 nap is usually good but sometimes shorter then 45 min
14-14.30 nap outside, on the move in the stroller. Usually he wakes up 1-2 times during the walk. I stress stroller and it makes him asleep soon
18-18.45 usually sleeps only 5-10 min

4. Other activities
During this period we went through massage cure (10 procedures). 3 days ago he made his first back-to-belly turn and become much physically active overall. Every day he lays on the floor on his bottom 5 times at least

That's it in short words. Do you think such situation with sleeping is normal for our case? Would it be so while I keep breastfeeding at night?
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

I think it sounds like you have improved your sleeping habits a lot! Great progress! To go back to sleep by the jingle is really good. Perhaps now you can try to wait a bit more before you jingle to see if he settles down on his own again. =D>

The meals (in my perspective) is a bit small but I know you are working on it. You should have 100-200 grams of food and fruit puree on top of that soon. :wink:

Is he reaching 7 months soon? By 7 months the sleep needed drops by 30 minutes and either you shorten the last nap to 20 min or you create 2 naps one in the morning 45 min and one during the day lets say about 1,5-2 hours. (you move the first nap with about 15 min and the second nap with about 1 hour, for a 2 nap schedule) :wink:

I’m guessing you mean he lies on his belly (bottom is on his back) 5 times a day. Please see if you have time to increase this or lengthen the time. We want him crawling, no socks but soft slippery clothes, no carpets. All so that he can start crawling.

Great job so far, let’s keep going!
Tor 2006

Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Yes, we sleep much better and even excellent in good nights :) in such nights he wakes up 3 times only and all people around say that this is perfect and I can't wish more. But I have a secret Anna's book (it's not available in Russia you know) and keep the dream about better sleeping. I tend to think that we can do more ... Fingers crossed :)

Actually he can settle down by his own sometimes but I thought it would be fair to come with jingle in cases I'm not going to feed while we keep breasfeeding at night. What do you think on it?

We are not quit well with solids as he doesn't like it a lot. No porridge neither vegetable. I don't introduce new products because of allergy that still in place. I want to add grape oil in vegetables and introduce some fruit pure (apple or pear) in a couple of days.

Due to 7-month schedule I'd like to decrease evening nap to 20 minutes, 2 day naps is not enough as he usually wakes up more earlier then target time. Do you think it can be improved? He is rather stubborn on this :cry:

Don't I have too much questions? As our babies as well ;) it seams that this thread is the longest in this forum ... I'm a little bit embarrassed, sorry on that :(
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Please don’t be embarrassed, my first thread here when I started is way longer! :roll: :lol:

Did you try sweet potato (yams)? I would then start with pear before apple if I was you because they can get a bit constipated from apple. Pear is great! Plum/proon is good, apricot. But just remember that apple, pasta, white flour is slowing down the stomach whereas pear speeds things up a little, makes it easier for them to eat.

Some fuzzy eaters like a tiny fruit at the tip of the spoon with the food you give, that helps their appetite or you do one spoon vegetable and one spoon fruit.

You will figure it out.

Try to let him get back to sleep on his own, otherwise you will make him used to the jingle too much. Use it when he has a real question. Is my suggestion.

Good luck, I’m glad someone is here hanging on the English forum with me! :heart:
Tor 2006

LenaK

Inlägg av LenaK »

Leenkin1 skrev:But I have a secret Anna's book (it's not available in Russia you know)
Я надеялась, что Вы ее купили в магазине или по интернету. А как Вы о ней узнали?
Lena, mamma till
pojke -juni 02,
flicka -januari 05,
pojke -september 07
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Мне книжку дали друзья почитать - они по-моему заказали через сайт Анны, узнали о ней от своих родственников во Франции. Здесь она не издается :(
LenaK

Inlägg av LenaK »

как интересно!
тут на форуме есть шведы, проживающие во всеx концаx мира, в том числе во Франции. Может, это как "Елки", по принципу рукопожатий? :lol:
Lena, mamma till
pojke -juni 02,
flicka -januari 05,
pojke -september 07
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Да, конечно - из уст в уста :) очень жаль, что в России этой книги нет и метод Анны совсем не известен - в русском интернете лишь одна ссылка на ее метод, а объяснить своими словами его невозможно. Обсуждаются другие методы, но все они либо более жесткие, либо слишком медленные и ненадежные. У нас с малышом, правда, курс "спать всю ночь" не заработал на 100%, но я очень на это расчитываю [-o<

Может быть можно/нужно как-то помочь с распространением книги здесь?
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

TorsMamma, thank you for your suggestions re. the food! To help his stomach works well is main criteria for choosing products as baby had pooh only every 3rd or 4th day while he got breastmilk only. I know that broccoli, cauliflower, marrow and pumpkin among vegetables are good but knew nothing about fruits.

I've got the idea that we have to do well with food and physical activities to have a good sleep, right? :)
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Leenkin1 skrev: I've got the idea that we have to do well with food and physical activities to have a good sleep, right? :)
Well it's a good start. You shoot your own wolves by knowing he is all full of food and physical activity, too sleep well.

When you know this for sure, then we take away the last night meal. :wink:
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"