6-months baby-boy form Russia: day routing

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Skriv svar
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: 6-months baby-boy form Russia: day routing

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Good Job! =D>

Yes early waking’s and tiny things at night can take weeks to set. If he wakes up in the night you just give a reminder jingle.

If it is 1 hour early I would give one enlighten jingle. Saying it is still night. THEN NOTHING. If you keep jingling it will say morning is soon rather than it is night. You can also turn on classical music after the first jingle, Mozart to prefer.

I’m glad you are trusting in the jingle, keep the attitude and the feeling you KNOW he can do it now. So confidence up!
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån
:heart:

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

The most strange thing is that he wakes to quitely talk to himself. It's hard to believe that he is frightened by wolf or the fear of death in such moments :( it's worth than scream also because it takes him much more time to settle down 0,5-1 hour against 2-5 minutes if he wakes up with scream.

Could you please explained the difference between "reminder" and "enlighten" jingles? We have initial, reminder and confirming type of jingle in Russian translation. Why repeating jingle can mean the morning is coming soon? It doesn't mean so in the midnight.
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

First, great progress!!! =D>

When you get too close to the morning let say after 04. Then the morning hours are sensitive, the child has slept enough so they feel like it is morning. Then if too much happens, the fact is there, morning has come, correct? At night when they wake up, their questions are different. So WHAT is the question, and then you have the answer accordingly.

A reminder jingle has the tone like you remind someone that it is still night, remember? The enlightening jingle announces that the morning is not here yet, go back to sleep. More like an order. It is not different jingles in words, It is the tone you use. Like happy, ordering, angry, peppy, confident. So you use your tone to give the answer you believe your child is asking.

So if he wakes up not sad but talking, you use the enlightening jingle, telling him it is still night, or a reminder jingle that it is still night. If he is upset you give a confident happy pepping jingle saying go back to sleep. Often this is longer like X6 or X8 if necessary to make him listen. Just don’t get stuck after 04 in the morning, then you turn the music on. You need to take a step back so that your son can keep doing progress. Do less, and less. And have confidence he can do more. Trust! Faith!
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Leenkin1

Inlägg av Leenkin1 »

Thanks a lot! I'm quite satisfied already but really hope we can do more and have excellent nights and naps ;)
I've got the difference between reminder and enlighten jingle,will try to apply it correctly.

It seams that all his awakenings are in the morning: first is around 04 - quiet long talk "hey, it's me, how is it going? La-la-la", second is around 6.30 - loud and persistent "pick me up, now. It's a time. I want to play!". I never pick him up earlier then 7.15 or even 7.30 if possible - correct? Will try to use music. Maybe he wakes up in an hour earlier because he goes to bed an hour earlier now???

However is's very exciting and challenging to come along this way with you :)
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Hi,

Like you said before, early mornings can take a few weeks, please try to have patience. Is it PITCH dark in the bedroom? Can you see your hand in the dark (in the middle of the day) it is not dark enough. Black garbage bags on the windows will help. But just curtains or blinds are not enough.

Don’t “try” the music, DO the music. If you believe it works it will work. Many when it is closer to 1 hour in the morning will do nothing. Just leave them alone, because any noise or activity will agitate them even more.

Find what works for you. :wink:
Tor 2006

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"