Jet lag baby

A parents' forum based on GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)
Låst
Darls3000

Jet lag baby

Inlägg av Darls3000 »

Hi there
I wander if you can help. We have just returned from a month away in the US where the time difference is 5 hours. My daughter was wonderful with her sleeping and routine when we were away as I followed Anna's advice and put a black curtain in the room between her cot and where we were sleeping. It worked! She slept every night from 7.30pm - 7am. Wonderful for everyone!!

Thank you Ann for your brilliant advice.

Now we are back, we are all suffering from jet lag but I don't know what to do.

My daughter goes to sleep around 7.30pm and sleeps till 11.00pm. She then wakes with a cry out and then falls asleep for 20 mins then wakes and so on and on till 2am. This has happened for the last 2 nights and we have left her till she sounds very upset and then my husband goes in and repeats the jingle and she calms but then gets more upset. After 2 hours of on off crying (it sounds like she is trying to settle herself back to sleep but can't understand why she can't sleep). So after 2 hours, my husband have her some milk and she drank it all immediately and after 15 mins, eventually went to sleep.

Were we wrong to give her milk? She hasn't had milk in the night since she was very young? What do you think we should have done? The jingle through the door didn't seem to have a positive effect.

her routine is a bit mixed up as she is sleeping till 8am instead of 7a, so I have moved everything along by 1 hour. I think this is right and she is still napping well in the day. How can I help her avoid distress between 11pm - 2am. I am dreading that happening again tonight.

Thanks and sorry for the long post. x
Darling daughter born June 21, 2009
TinasDag
Kontakt:

Inlägg av TinasDag »

Hi,
for the sake of continuity I'll move this question to your previous topic. This makes it easier for us to see the whole picture 8)
I'll try to answer everything there,
Tina
:heart: Vetgiriga semlan Dag :heart:
född 071105, kurad i Gastsjön aug. 2008
:heart: Ingrid som kan själv! 090826 :heart:
http://dahlin.bloggproffs.se
Låst

Återgå till "Anna Wahlgren's Q&A Forum regarding GNS (A Good Night's Sleep)"