Barnaboken goes West

Fritt pratforum för personligt vänskapskackel och allmänt diskussionsforum
annawahlgren
Upphovskvinna SHN-kuren 1942-2022

Barnaboken goes West

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D Nu ska vi ut och resa, Barnaboken, Internationella Sova hela natten och jag :lol:

Vi blir borta en månad, 5/4 - 5/5. Vi ska begå New York i tre veckor och Kalifornien i en.

Lördagen den 20 april ska vi exempelvis träffa x antal familjer på IKEA i Brooklyn och prata för dem. Och redan den 9 april får jag äran att tala i Svenska Kyrkan på Manhattan :wink:

Barnaboken - For the Love of Children - finns på världens största nätbokhandel, amazon.com, sedan slutet av 2010 (liksom SHN, A Good Night's Sleep - båda också i e-bok).

På ett antal föräldrabloggar/hemsidor har man läst FTLOC. Här följer ett så vackert utlåtande från Outnumbered.com:

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2011
#1 European Best Seller! For the Love of Children - Childcare and Child Rearing 0-16 Years by Anna Wahlgren.

Review

*All children are born with magic wands in their hands. When this magic wand touches you, love's stardust falls over you. Actually, it may cover you from head to toe if you are close enough. You are transformed into a single pulsating feeling of love.

It's dust from a star that was already shining. You become a reflection of Love's starlight, a light that washes over the whole world, over all of humanity. It has always been there, and it always will be as long as there is life on Earth. As long as children are born into the world, Love's star will always sprinkle its shimmering dust over people's hearts.*

In all my life I have never come across a book that teaches child rearing in the remarkable and overwhelmingly beautiful way Anna Wahlgren has with For the Love of Children. The book seems weaved together by the glue of a Mother's Love, from the very beginning....

*My beloved children, I wrote this book for you, one for all and all for one. Don't misunderstand me. I don't for a moment think that you are all the same, any more than I think that all the young children whose upbringing is touched by the ideas outlined in this book are all the same. My point of departure has always been the qualities that all children, indeed all human beings, share, rather than specific individual traits. When you read my book, I want you to react as you always have. I, your mother, have stated what I believe and what I stand for as clearly as I can. Read what I have to say, and then take what you like and leave the rest.*

Anna Wahlgren has nine children and fourteen grandchildren, for the past 30 years she has been a parent educator and child advocate. She is one of the most trusted authorities on children in Scandinavia and is renowned for her sleeping "cure" - "A Good Night's Sleep", which has enabled thousands of sleep deprived children (and parents) to have a peaceful night's sleep. I had no idea what I expected by such a professional as Anna Wahlgren, but the elegant and lovely style of writing wasn't one of them. She seemed to tune, through words, her deep sense of Motherhood with mine and through this bond teach me through the book as if bringing out things that my spirit knew and yet, couldn't find the answers for.

*For the Love of Children ranges from the practicalities of the physical care of an infant right through to preparing the grown child for leaving home. Written with candor, affection and humor, For the Love of Children offers comprehensive, meaningful and practical information and guidance on the myriad of issues facing today's and tomorrow's parents.*

For the Love of Children is a mixture of a step-by-step for ages 0-16, stories of her life, poems and examples from observations and interactions with thousands of children over the past three decades. It's a wonderful resource for information and is very easy to be comfortable with as it is creatively written and her awe-inspiring love is silhouetted through the pages.

*Some of the examples are:
• relaxation, breathing and muscle training exercises in preparation for labor
• bathing, feeding, changing and calming an infant
• enabling any child of any age to sleep through the night
• understanding and handling tantrums (at any age)
• establishing structure in daily life
• encouraging self-reliance and independence through solitary play and social participation
• how and when to "bring up" your child
• eliminating sibling rivalry
• doing the right thing for your child if your marriage breaks down
• coping as a sole parent*

You will love this book, it will inspire you and strengthen your heart as a Mother. I turn to it, not as one would a Help-Book, but as if Anna Wahlgren were family that were advising me on my days that I am not my best or don't know where to turn. It would make a new Mother feel at home in the new life of becoming a parent and any seasoned Mom happy and in love to listen. It is extraordinary and you won't find anything, remotely, like it. For the Love of Children is one of those unique treasures you come across when looking for answers, like a comforting long-lost friend that happened to be waiting for you, just around the corner, when you needed it the most.

Buy It!

You can buy the For the Love of Children by Anna Wahlgren for $29.16 on Amazon.

I received samples for the purpose of reviewing. Opinions expressed are my own or my family's and are not influenced by any form of compensation.

Wanda

:-({|=

Barnaboken ska LEVA. Åtminstone så länge jag gör det :thumbsup:

:heart:
:D Nio barn, arton barnbarn, tre barnbarnsbarn och några tusen nästanbarn :!:
Anna Wahlgren 6 Oktober 1942 - 7 Oktober 2022
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Re: Barnaboken goes West

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Vilka underbara nyheter!!! =D> =D> =D>

Överlever oss nog alla skall du se!

Kram och trevlig resa! :heart:
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
annawahlgren

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

:D TACK kära TorsMamma :heart: \:D/ :heart:
Hege

Inlägg av Hege »

Äntligen! :D

Trevlig resa, och lycka till! Jag hoppas BB hittar hem i riktigt många amerikanska hem. Och får ligga på riktigt många coffeetables. :wink:

Kram!
Tone

Inlägg av Tone »

Så hjertelig god tur Anna! Jeg "avundas" deg som kan dra ut i verden med et så mektig budskap du har skapt selv. Men aldri glem...hvis du skraper litt i "avundsjukan", uansett hvem som eier den, så ser du beundringen. For avundsjukan er bare beundringen som har fått seg vill. Lykke til på ferden fanstiske kvinne!
Tone

Inlägg av Tone »

GÅTT seg vill, skal det selfølgelig stå...
Hege

Inlägg av Hege »

Avundsjuka är beundran som har gått vilse -

visst är det så!

Din förmåga att sätta ord på saker, Tone, är fantastisk! :D
Tone

Inlägg av Tone »

Hege og Anna. Det er så hyggelig å høre fra dere begge. Føler meg som en stjerne hver gang. Takk! Jeg er en samler. Jeg samler på øyeblikker og opplevelser som jeg kan lære noe av. Noe som også kan glede andre. Jeg skriver massevis og elsker å sette ord på livet, så den her siden er jo en gullgruve for meg da jeg får så gode tilbakemeldinger. Takk igjen..
Tone

Inlägg av Tone »

Og for å være korrekt så kommer uttrykket om "avundsjuka" fra en bok som heter "Raushetens tid, fra missunelse til beundring".
Noe for oss enhver kan jeg tro...Leseropplevelse og kan varmt rekomanderes! Kanskje bare til norske lesere da jeg ikke tror den er oversatt. Men man kan jo ta den som et utfordring da den inneholder masse gullkorn.
annawahlgren

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

Hege :heart:

Tone :heart:

Kärlek.
Irmasmamma

Inlägg av Irmasmamma »

Fantastiska nyheter!!! :D Lycklig resa, Anna :heart:
Irma :heart: 111108, SM från 3 veckor.
Olof :heart: 131008, SM från början.
Sarisparis
Rådgivare/advisor

Inlägg av Sarisparis »

Länge leve Barnaboken =D>

Lycklig resa, Anna! Enjoy :D

miar70
Kontakt:

Inlägg av miar70 »

ÄNTLIGEN :D

Du är bäst Anna! Kärleken ska segra :heart:

Roligt, häftigt, spännande!

Kram Mia
:heart: :heart: :heart: 6 barn :heart: :heart: :heart: (-9104, -9305, -9412, -0301, -0501, -0611 ) :heart: två barnbarn :heart: (-1309, -1505)
annawahlgren

Inlägg av annawahlgren »

Irmasmamma :heart:

Sarisparis :heart:

miar70 :heart:

TACK ni kära, kära :P :P :P

Jag tänkte skriva en liten miniblogg i Gästboken och berätta underhand... Lite sådär, bara :oops: Kan ju inte sådant men what the heck, som vi säger på amerikanska :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
TorsMamma
Forumets ordförande

Inlägg av TorsMamma »

Skall försöka få in i min tröga skalle att läsa i Gästboken regelbundet. Missar på något vis alltid detta.

Kramar!
Tor 2006
:heart: BB barn från början. Sov sin första 12h natt 5 dagar före 4 mån, Diplomerad SS vid 6 mån

:heart: FTLOC child from the beginning. Slept his first 12 hour night 5 days before 4 months. :heart:
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Kackelforum"